Being in pain and not being able to do something you want can be very a frustrating experience. Our physiotherapists understand and know how important it is that you can take care of your family, go to work, bring your kids to sport, work out and get your to do list done. Physiotherapy addresses your pain and movement limitations so you can:
- Achieve your workout and fitness goals
- Stand taller and live longer by improving your posture
- Move with ease
- Get guided and supported treatment for injuries so you can return to your activities sooner
- Understand how your body works and optimize your performance
- Know what exercises are best for your body and make the most of your time
We treat conditions such as:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Elbow pain
- Knee pain
- Muscle tears
- Ankle sprains
- Hip pain, bursitis
- Groin pain
- Shoulder pain – frozen shoulder, bursitis, rotator cuff
- Wrist pain
Your body is amazingly designed and each part of your body affects or influences the other parts. It is with this paradigm in mind that our physiotherapists take a head to toe assessment approach so that we can determine what the cause of the pain/injury/condition is so we are not just treating the symptoms but getting down to the root cause of the issue.
We use manual therapy techniques as well as a tailored progressive exercise program to get you back on track and performing at your best. We believe in and value an integrated team approach, so we work as required with Massage Therapists, GPs, Dietitians, Chiropractors, Podiatrists and Surgeons to ensure you have the most accurate diagnosis and the best combination of treatment.
We have very modern, private and spacious physiotherapy treatment rooms and a fully equipped Pilates studio. There is free parking in front of the clinic as well as off street parking. We are only a short walk from Thornleigh train station if you decide to leave the car at home. Rest assured our physiotherapists will listen to you and work out a plan that best suits your needs and goals.
Common questions you may have or things you need to know for your first visit:
- Your first physiotherapy appointment is critical to understanding your requirements and goals. You should try to arrive 10-15 minutes early so you can complete an intake form.
- Remember to bring all diagnostic tests and letters from any other practitioners you have seen, if any.
- Dress comfortably, you may be asked to remove an article of clothing so your physiotherapist can see what is happening. We have gowns available for your privacy.
- You will be assessed at your first consultation and a plan will be designed to best treat your injury or condition. This plan will include:
- The physiotherapist treatment plan, which will include what the physiotherapist will be doing, any exercises you will need to complete.
- Initial exercises to support the treatment
- An estimated recovery time to return to activity
- Any recommended pieces of equipment (tape, theraband, cervical pillow, foam roller etc.)
For more info or call reception on 9481 8140