Eggs are full of nutrition including protein and vitamins A, D E B12 and K. The protein punch will help curve cravings and keep you full until lunch. These Savory Quinoa Egg Muffins not only store well in the refrigerator they can easily be reheated for a quick filling meal. Best of all they are portable, making it easy for busy people on the run to get high quality food in their diets.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup grated veggies of your choice (we love capsicum, zuccini and carrots)
- 4 egg whites
- Spices of your choice (we love salt, pepper and a pinch of cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Coat muffin tins with cooking spray or your own preference
- Whisk eggs and add all other ingredients
- Pour mixture into tins
- Bake for 30 mins
- Let cool before serving
If you prefer them hot simply warm them gently in a steam oven or microwave. We prefer not to use a microwave but they certainly do provide convenience. Enjoy them as an accompaniment to many meals or as a snack. They are extremely versatile and you will love them!